There are many factors involved in how to do an seo audit. Knowing how to do an SEO Audit can be very time consuming. As a business owner, how should you determine whether how to do an SEO audit is necessary?
In order for your website or blog to draw traffic, lead generation and the e-commerce strategy it needs search engine optimization (SEO). By employing an SEO audit strategies and executing successful how to do an SEO audits , small businesses, big businesses and non-profits alike can increase their web presence.
An SEO audit is ac cording to seo audit ( http://seoaudit.co.uk/ seo audit) is the process of analyzing your website’s traffic and creating a five-year plan that details what steps you need to take to improve your search engine ranking positions or seo performance and seo services . It works hand-in-hand with an content audit , which analyzes your company’s online presence in relation to its competition.
To complete an SEO audit, you first must:
1. Look at where your pages currently rank for the keywords you’re targeting.
2. Research how other sites have achieved high rankings for those same keywords. What can you learn from them ?
3. Shape these findings into a detailed report that you’ll bring to your seo consultant .
4. Decide on a seo strategy for achieving better seo ranking and seo services in the future.
What is an SEO audit?
An seo audit is an analysis of your website and its seo services.
During the review, you’ll point out seo problems like:
– Weak seo content — including pages with thin or incorrect seo — that might be holding back seo optimization effectiveness .
– Duplicate seo content , which dilutes ranking power . For example, a search engine may notice one page that has a very similar title to another page, so it will only rank the first one highly . Having duplicate seo content can also undermine other efforts, such as link building .
– Irrelevant “targeted” keyword phrases , which don’t relate to what’s actually on a page. Don’t use these in your SEO strategy, as it will confuse seo efforts and potentially annoy visitors .
– seo elements that are not seo friendly , such as links embedded in Flash, frames , or unreadable text.
What you don’t need to check in a seo audit
– seo meta tags . These once were an important part of search engine optimization, but no longer carry much weight.
– seo keywords . Google’s AdWords keyword tool is a better source for these and other ideas about what terms people might use to get your site — although using the term “keyword” itself is overused by seos and should be avoided on its own! Includes lots of examples. Source: SearchEngineLand : Mautic Blog – SEO
Like seo analysis , an SEO audit is not a one-time thing. Instead, you should do it regularly – maybe every quarter or so – so that you can track your progress over time and make adjustments where needed. If you use a consulting firm for your seo audit, this process is likely already built into their service package (or they may offer separate consulting services).
What information will you get from an seo audit ?
An audit will usually highlight the presence of various elements on your site – such as links, keywords, meta tags and title tags – along with their accompanying
The average cost of how to do an seo audit for a company’s first site will range from $5,000 upwards depending on the size of the website, the number of seo best practices that need to be implemented, how many seo problems exist and the range of seo services (such as seo consulting) needed to fix these issues.
When doing your own seo audit , it is important to establish a clear methodology – such as Google’s own list of seo audit do s and don’ts . This will allow you not only to ensure consistency in your analysis but also enable you
Analysis: Are there redundant variations of keywords in pages? Is the title tag keyword-rich? What about meta tags, alt tags and images ? Do all internal links point to relevant content? If you have a flash site, it affects your seos score majorly.
All in all, you’ll definitely want to do the seo audit for your website. Just service, it is also important to establish a clear methodology – such as Google’s own list of do s and don’ts . This will allow you not only to ensure consistency in your analysis but also enable you to find similar issues on other sites that use the same CMS or framework.